Boost your brand marketing with vertical video content – reach young adults inexpensively with TikTok advertising.
Just like in other social media channels, TikTok ads can be bought using the so-called bidding method. You can set up ad campaigns based on impressions, clicks or views. TikTok is well suited for building brand awareness and driving traffic to your site. When planning your marketing efforts, take into account that the minimum daily marketing budget is 50 USD.
Short, entertaining video content is the beating heart of TikTok
TikTok is a short-form, vertical video-only social media platform that is mostly used on mobile devices. The platform’s smart algorithm produces a video feed that is completely personalized according to the preferences of each unique user. Partly thanks to the intelligent algorithm, TikTokers tend to spend a lot of time on the app.
If you haven’t tried TikTok yet, grab your phone and dive into the fast-paced social media channel. The videos are extremely captivating and there’s an endless amount of varied content waiting to be discovered. And once the algorithm begins to understand your preferences, the experience gets even better.
The benefits of advertising on TikTok
Advertising on TikTok is an effective way to build awareness and reach new audiences. You can build your brand or product story with varied, continuous content that complements your storytelling. By linking content, you can create brand campaigns that help move perceptions within your target audiences toward the desired goal.
- Effective and lasting impressions
Entertaining vertical videos infused with music fill the entire screen and leave a lasting impression, as long as the content is well planned and executed.
- A great way to drive traffic to your site
TikTok ads have three clickable areas that lead to your site: the username, profile picture and copy all drive traffic to the desired location.
- High engagement
If your ad stands out and is targeted to the right audiences, it’s possible to attract a lot of comments. For that reason, it’s also possible to disable commenting altogether.
What type of content performs well on TikTok?
- Use humor, movement and genuine communication that is suited for the channel. More often than not, the stars of the videos are people or animals doing things while music or other sounds play on the background.
- Music plays an important role, and most users have sounds enabled when they use the app. You can either choose a song from TikTok’s music library or use your own music as long as you hold the copyright to it.
- Short videos are great, for example, for teasers or product launches. They can also be used to shine a light on a particular detail within a wider context.
- Every video should have a theme and a message. It should be easy for the target audience to understand what the video hopes to accomplish or what they should do after seeing the video. Remember to include a call to action at the end!
- Even though sounds are important on TikTok, it’s a good idea to include your key points also as text.
- Keep in mind the layout of a TikTok ad. Remember to add empty space both on the right side and at the bottom of the screen – that’s where the text, profile picture and music credits go.
- Challenges tend to go viral and spread internationally on TikTok. If there’s a way to link a fun challenge with your brand, that’s the way to go. You can either create the challenge yourself or get in touch with a TikTok influencer. That way, they can create native content, ensuring it is entertaining and well-suited for the platform. If your video goes viral, it can live on for a long time.
How to get started with TikTok?
Just like with any new channel, it’s wise to go over the marketing basics so you can get the most out of the results. Consider your objectives and the metrics used to measure them as well as your target audiences and key messages.
On TikTok, you can either create a normal, a business, or a content creator account and create organic content. Organic content analytics offered especially by business and content creator accounts help you plan and continuously develop your content.
What is more, you can also advertise on TikTok without a user account. This means we can create advertising campaigns for your business without organic visibility.
Tips for organic content creation on TikTok:
- Don’t be afraid to try out new things that can bring visibility to your content. However, stick to a strategy instead of trying to get easy wins that lead nowhere.
- Stay on top of trends! Follow the Discovery and For You feeds for inspiration.
- Get involved with trends. Create content that uses trending hashtags, effects, topics and music.
- Be yourself. By setting yourself apart from others, you’ll grow your own, loyal following.
Different advertising formats on TikTok
Once you have your strategy and content figured out, it’s time to finish up by getting to know the types of ads TikTok offers. There’s a few available ad types TikTok offers via a reservation-based system. If you’d like to advertise using bidding and adjust your budget daily, as well as optimize the results independently, in-feed ads are a great solution for you.
In-feed ads are shown to the target audience on their For You feed. The video content can be up to 60 seconds long and it will auto-play with the sound on within the user’s feed. That’s why it’s important to invest in audio from the outset.